Easterly Point has recently completed a radiological assessment of a former mineral sands processing facility in Byron Bay. The radiological assessment was a requirement of the DA for the redevelopment of the site, and was carried out by Easterly Point during the demolition and excavation stages to assess if any potentially radioactive mineral sands residues were uncovered during these works. Investigations were carried out using both field screening and laboratory analysis. Easterly Point worked in conjunction with the developer and construction teams to ensure that the investigations were completed with minimal disturbances to the project deadlines and in accordance with the NSW regulatory framework.
- Underground fuel tanks and the UPSS Regulation – What lies beneath?
- ACLCA Qld 2020 Design of assessment of site contamination investigations TPG7
- Easterly Point Environmental – Design of assessment of site contamination investigation in NSW
- Applying a Return on Investment to CPD benefits everyone. Here’s why.
- Easterly Point Environmental – Radiological dose criteria for heavy mineral sand residues (HMSRs) in Queensland